How to Install SharePoint Online Module in PowerShell, in this article, you will know about steps to steps process to install SharePoint Online Module in PowerShell.
PowerShell is a versatile scripting language that enables administrators and developers to automate tasks and efficiently manage various Microsoft services. One such service is SharePoint Online, a cloud-based collaboration platform that facilitates document creation, sharing, and resource management. In this article, we will provide you with a comprehensive, original guide on Install SharePoint Online Module in PowerShell, equipping you with the necessary tools to effectively manage SharePoint Online.
Table of Contents
Install SharePoint Online Module in PowerShell
Step 1: Prerequisites
Before proceeding, ensure that you have met the following prerequisites:
- Windows PowerShell or PowerShell Core: Verify that you have either Windows PowerShell (version 3.0 or higher) or PowerShell Core installed on your system.
- SharePoint Online Subscription: You must possess an active SharePoint Online subscription or have access to SharePoint Online via a Microsoft 365 subscription.
- SharePoint Online Management Shell: If the SharePoint Online Management Shell is currently installed, it is recommended to uninstall it before proceeding. The SharePoint Online Module is the preferred method for managing SharePoint Online.
Step 2: Installing the SharePoint Online Module
Follow these step-by-step instructions to Install SharePoint Online Module in PowerShell:
- Launch PowerShell or PowerShell Core with administrative privileges.
- Execute the following command to install the SharePoint Online Management Shell module from the PowerShell Gallery:
Install-Module -Name Microsoft.Online.SharePoint.PowerShell
- If prompted to install the NuGet provider or accept the repository, respond with ‘Y’ and press Enter to proceed.
- Allow the module to download and install on your system. The duration of this process depends on your internet connection speed.
Step 3: Importing the SharePoint Online Module
After completing the installation, import the SharePoint Online Module to utilize its cmdlets:
- Execute the following command to import the SharePoint Online Module:
Import-Module -Name Microsoft.Online.SharePoint.PowerShell
- Allow the module to load. Once successfully imported, you will gain access to the SharePoint Online cmdlets within your PowerShell session.
Step 4: Connecting to SharePoint Online
To connect to your SharePoint Online site, authentication using your SharePoint Online credentials is required:
- Execute the following command to initiate the authentication process:
Connect-SPOService -Url https://yourdomain.sharepoint.com
Replace “https://yourdomain.sharepoint.com” with the URL of your SharePoint Online site.
- A login prompt will appear. Enter your SharePoint Online username and password.
- If the authentication is successful, you will establish a connection to your SharePoint Online site, enabling you to manage it using PowerShell cmdlets.
Step 5: Verifying the Installation
To ensure the SharePoint Online Module is correctly installed, execute a simple command to retrieve a list of SharePoint sites:
If the command returns a list of SharePoint sites without any errors, the installation has been successful, and you are ready to manage SharePoint Online using PowerShell.
The Install SharePoint Online Module in PowerShell empowers administrators and developers to efficiently automate tasks and manage SharePoint Online. By following the original, step-by-step guide presented in this article, you can effortlessly set up the module and establish a connection to your SharePoint Online site. Leverage the power of PowerShell to streamline your SharePoint Online management tasks and significantly enhance overall productivity.
Visit Latestinfo365.com to check more article